YPT COVID Protocols
(Updated July 2022)
** Guidance may change as CDC, California State, and Yolo County guidance changes **
- Everyone participating in a YPT production (performers AND production staff) will wear a mask during auditions and rehearsals.
- Tech Week and performances will be unmasked for performers ONLY (production staff to remain masked), with performers following additional testing requirements.
- Testing Requirements
- All performers will test and report the results once per week.
- Performers must submit a negative test EVEN on weeks the performer is not called.
- Additional testing - beyond the once per week - will be required for any exposures or COVID like symptoms.
- Regular negative test results must be on record for continued participation.
During Tech Week and performances, a negative test must be submitted from within 72 hours of performing unmasked.
(This means once at the start of Tech Week, and then again before the first weekend performance, and prior to each
weekend of performances.)
- All test results MUST have the performer name and date ON the test results. Tests can be PCR or Anitgen (rapid/home) tests.
- Performers with a recent positive test, are exempt from weekly testing requirements for 30 days, except in the case of symptoms or exposures.
- Anyone (this includes performers, production staff, volunteers, parents, etc.) with any symptoms that could be COVID -
even if it is suspected to be allergies - may not come to the theater without a negative COVID test. (Please consider
not attending even with a negative test until symptoms resolve - especially if not Tech Week nor a performance).
- Anyone (this includes performers, production staff, volunteers, parents, etc.) exposed to COVID (especially in your home)
may not come to the theater without a negative COVID test. (If a close contact exposure, please consider not attending
even with a negative test until you have been able to re-test after 3-5 days from the exposure - especially if not
Tech Week nor a performance).
- Anyone who test positive for COVID (this includes performers, production staff, volunteers, parents, etc.) should not come to
the theater and MUST quarantine until ALL of the following are met:
- Symptoms are improving and no fever without medication for 24 hours
- Day 10 or a negative test on or after Day 5. (Negative test must be submitted for DMTC records)
- It is strongly recommended that all participants (performers AND production staff) are vaccinated.
- A performer may be temporarily removed or replaced with an understudy or alternate performer in the event they are ill.
- Anyone who does not follow these protocols (including being out of date/not current on providing negative tests) may be removed from the production.
- Audiences will be asked to wear masks during YPT performances.
COVID protocols are constantly monitored and often change during the run of a production due to the rapidly evolving nature of COVID.
All participants agree to abide by the current DMTC YPT COVID protocols, even in the event they change during the production.